Community

As we reflect on the past and prepare for the future, we believe in the intent to Give Help + Offer Hope to others.

EQX Day is celebrated each year during the Spring and Fall Equinoxes. In the Fall, EQX Day is celebrated by selecting valued partners and donating to a charity of their choosing. In the Spring, we gather partners, friends, and colleagues to make a difference in our community.

Spring EQX Day 2019

Melissas-Race_3

Melissa’s Race / Melissa Vosburg Inc.

Melissa Vosburg was 35 years old when she passed away due to glioblastoma multiforme, an aggressive form of brain cancer. I learned about her when I was the exact same age. It woke me up.

Brain Cancer is the second most common type of cancer in children. It is also the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in males ages 20 – 39. Yet it receives the least amount of research funding.

Melissa Vosburg Inc.’s annual 5K race, Melissa’s Race, raises money for cancer research and awareness.

– SELECTED BY DANI MEYERING, Development and Leasing Coordinator

Camp-Boggy-Creek

Camp Boggy Creek

It was as a volunteer I first experienced the magic of Camp Boggy Creek as part of the Disney Volunteers program. The emotion I experienced in seeing a child enjoy the wonder and magic of camp for the first time was overwhelming.

Camp Boggy Creek exists to help children with chronic or life-threatening illness experience the friendship and wonder of camp. Founded in 1996 by Paul Newman and General H. Norman Schwartzkopf, the camp serves children year-round. Camp Boggy Creek doesn’t charge children or their families to come to camp and instead relies on the support of individuals, corporations, foundations, healthcare partners, and volunteers.

– SELECTED BY KIRSTEN DAVIS, Development and Leasing Manager

cornerstone

Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care

For 35 years they have been compassionately supporting patients and their families throughout Central Florida. They not only serve patients at the Hospice House locations regardless of ability to pay, they offer services during hospital or nursing home stays as well as at home hospice care.

Bereavement Counseling is also offered, regardless if hospice services were used. I learned first-hand what a wonderful organization this is in October 2018 with the loss of my mother. They are an amazing group of very special people that are forever connected to the families they serve.

– SELECTED BY CATHERINE CRAVEN, Financial Administrator

/
new-hope
new-hope2
new-hope-3
new-hope-4

Fall EQX Day 2018

A New Hope for Kids

Each year our company comes together to give our time at a local charitable organization. This year we volunteered at A New Hope for Kids.

This organization’s mission is to provide care for grieving children and families who have lost a loved one.

newhope_logo_withtagline